The United Nations calls application for Information System and Communication Technology Internship in Austria. The internship is unpaid and full-time for three months with an opportunity for extension, depending on the needs of the Office. Basically, interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of an Information Systems Officer.
- Assistance in drafting and preparing documents/presentations.
- Attending and summarizing meetings.
- Participation in training activities, including the preparation of training materials and user documentation, and a compilation of relevant information.
- Assistance in developing documentation and material and publishing them to websites.
- Interacting with other OICT teams responsible for technology innovation.
- Attend and support the preparation of meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events.
- Supporting ongoing technology challenges/hackathons.
- Support the capture, management, and analysis of data, information, statistics, and reports.
- Support the activities of OICT as needed as deemed necessary by their supervisor.
To qualify for this Information System and Communication Technology Internship at the United Nations in Austria, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
Skills and Experience
- Be savvy users of standard Microsoft Office software applications (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Show interest or have demonstrated intention to study further.
- Work in a field relevant to the work of Information and Communications Technology, Information Management, Communications, Customer Relationship Management Systems, Technology Innovation and/or relevant fields.
- Moreover, applicants are not necessary to have professional work experience for participation in the internship program.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is necessary for this position. In addition to that, knowledge of any other UN official language is desirable.
Candidates must apply online. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.