Apply for the Intern – Administration Position at the UN in the USA. The deadline for the application is 11th November 2020.
Organization: Department of Global Communications
This internship is located in the Executive Office of the Department of Global Communications (DGC). The DGC Executive Office provides administrative support to the Substantive Divisions of the Department, The intern is under the overall supervision of the Executive Officer, Department of Global Communications .
Examples of daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring requests for support from field offices and assisting in ensuring that responses are provided in a timely fashion.
- Also, assist technical team with implementing projects and providing client support.
- Provide assistance in drafting and preparing training guides and correspondence.
- Additionally, assist Business Intelligence (BI) Team in aggregating data and streamlining reporting.
- Also, provide clerical assistance (e.g. formatting spreadsheets, proofreading text documents, searching archives, running basic reports, etc.) on administrative tasks.
- Provide general office support (e.g. processing correspondence; maintaining files, records, and/or databases; organizing meetings; taking meeting minutes; etc.)
- Disseminate information materials in both electronic and hard copy format to substantive offices.
- Also, perform other related duties, as required.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
Qualifications for Intern – Administration Position
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Program, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Also, be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Likewise, have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants must have no working experience to apply for the United Nations Internship Program. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.