Finance Intern (Innovations and Solutions) position is available in UNDP (United Nations Development Programme). The Office of Financial Resources Management (OFRM), Bureau for Management Services (BMS), is a dynamic and results driven office of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The Finance Intern shall report to the Manager of the Innovation and Solutions team within the finance office.
- Candidacy for an advanced degree in Finance, Business Administration or any other related discipline. The intern must be currently enrolled in an advanced university degree (Master’s degree).
- Excellent writing and drafting skills;
- Hands-on experience in financial data analysis and financial reporting;
- Likewise, hands-on experience in redesign and automation of business processes;
- Awareness of financial instruments used in the current development financing landscape, for example guarantees, performance based grants, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package.
- Above all, fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
- Assist with the analysis as well as redesign of current business processes to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness across UNDP
- Work closely with key stakeholders and leadership
- Furthermore, assist in the design and preparation of training and communication materials
- Work in close coordination with the Analytics team to support the automation of reports currently produced manually.
- Support preparation of papers and documents to present to the UNDP’s leadership and governance bodies, such as the Executive Board (EB), Organizational Performance Group (OPG) and Executive Group (EG).
In order to apply for this position, you need to submit the application form. In addition, selected candidates should submit
- Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in a graduate-level degree programme;
- Copy of school transcript;
- Likewise, letter of endorsement from a faculty member who has worked with the student in the recent past and who is knowledgeable on the student’s performance;
- Complete and sign the UNDP Application Form for Internships
- Copy of the proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out