Apply for Internal Audit Intern at UN Women in the USA. The deadline for this application is 10th May 2021.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women. Also, the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary audit teams, and contribute as a team member to the specific assignments to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Organization’s internal controls, risk management and governance, by performing value for money and compliance audit, advisory, inspection, or special reviews.
- Prepare electronic working papers that support audit findings and recommendations;
- Also, organize and draft inputs for audit reports;
- Undertake specific research, studies and reviews, as assigned;
- Likewise, contribute to IAS’ capacity development activities;
- Moreover, perform other related duties as required.
1. Learning about audit and implementation of gender equality programs in an international environment;
2.Also, enhanced capacity for gender-responsive audit
3. Likewise, increased understanding of UN Women’s work and the UN system;
4. Moreover, meeting with UN Women colleagues in other units and the broad UN community;
5. Work as a team member in a multicultural setting.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Also, accountability
- Creative Problem Solving
- Likewise, effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to assist in conducting risk-based, performance/value-for-money, compliance and/or functional audits and advisory services;
- Ability to produce timely, quality outputs;
- Also, ability to handle multi-tasks, resourceful and work with limited supervision;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and communication skills including ability to listens actively and responds effectively; and
- Likewise, demonstrated ability to use Microsoft office suite, data analysis tool like Excel, etc), and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- A first level university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance or related field;
- Also, experience in the area of auditing, monitoring or program or operations is an asset.
- Additionally, professional certifications (CIA, CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
- Fluency in English
- Likewise, knowledge of additional UN official working languages is an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.