International Intern in Rule of Law and Human Rights Department opportunity is available in the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department (ROLHRD) of the OSCE Presence in Albania. The department of the OSCE Presence in Albania implements that part of the mandate related to assist Albania in developing effective democratic institutions and to promote the rule of law as well as human rights in the country. The ROLHRD requires the services of an Intern to provide qualified and specialized assistance in its area of activities.
This internship will start at the beginning of June 2019 for duration of 6 months.
- Exposure to the work of the OSCE
- Gain of sound knowledge of the OSCE mandate and activities
- Enhancement of expertise in the field of judicial and legal reform as well as human rights
- In lieu of remuneration, the Mission shall contribute towards the cost of living of international interns who are non-residents at the duty station.
- Students in the final year of higher education (university or other accredited institution) at graduate or postgraduate level, or recent graduates or postgraduates, i.e. within two years of graduation, in Law, Political or Social Sciences
- Knowledge of international law and standards in the area of rule of law and human rights;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, and computer literacy. Knowledge of Albanian will be an asset.
- Be able to adapt to a multicultural working environment
- Also, awareness of the importance of integrating a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- The upper age limit for applicants is 30 years
- Furthermore, previous work or study experiences outside the home country are an advantage
In order to apply for this position, you need to apply via the OSCE’s application link. In addition, you need to specify in the Cover Letter your earliest starting date.