International Business Machine (IBM) invites candidates to apply for the Cognitive Developer Internship program at IBM Canada. The internship program at IBM Canada will be 12 to 16 months long starting in May 2020. The duty station will be in Ontario, Canada.
The Cognitive Developer intern will be liable for the following duties
- Creating and maintaining machine learning models with a focus on big data.
- Working in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand and develop solutions for requirements. This includes designing, coding and testing innovative applications in areas such as machine learning, computational linguistics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), advanced and semantic information search, extraction, induction, classification, and exploration.
- Assisting with implementing, testing and improving algorithms in these areas, and also will be involving proactively to identify and file patentable technology.
- Furthermore, employing IBM Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas: Java or Python.
- Confident at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing as well as implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Good at collaboration, working side by side with developers and scientists of all backgrounds and disciplines, and also must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The idea of knowledge representation and reasoning.
- Basic understanding of software development and programming in a language such as Java or Python.
- Interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology. Similarly, interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile Development Methodology.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be ready to travel up to 10%.
IBM (International Business Machine) Corporation is an American multinational information technology company with headquarter in Armonk, New York. It BM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware, and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. On the other hand, IBM is also a major research organization. It holds the record for most U.S. patents generated by a business (as of 2019) for 26 consecutive years. Altogether, IBM operates in 170 countries.
Please visit the official website for more information about the position and to apply online.