The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies calls applications for the Internship Program in Volunteer and Youth Development in Costa Rica. The intern will join the Regional Unit for Volunteering and Youth Development (Unit V&J) which is in the Federation Office in Costa Rica, is an integral part of the Americas region. The internship period will be 3 months with a maximum extension of 6 months.
- Supporting the development of the Volunteer Platform (include documents and tools in the knowledge management module, etc.)
- Compilations of good practices, documents, news, projects, and information on volunteering and youth in the Americas to share in official pages of the Federation, global newsletters and communications with National Societies.
- Similarly, supporting the growth and development of the Volunteer HUB in the region.
- Updating the basic study on volunteering and youth in the Americas.
- Also, support for monitoring, monitoring, and reporting of projects on volunteer and youth issues. Particularly, to follow up on the commitments assumed by the SNs during the volunteer development workshops that have been carried out in recent months.
- Updating the database of all the Voluntary and Youth focal points in the Americas.
- Furthermore, assisting the realization of events, activities, and initiatives carried out by the V&J Unit of the Americas.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be eligible for this Internship at International Committee of Red Cross
- Formal education in International relations, social sciences, communications, disaster management, organizational development or another related field.
- Basic knowledge of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement as well as experience as a volunteer in the Red Cross, Guides and Scouts, or other similar organization
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment preferably with work or volunteer experience in other countries of the continent
- High level of computer and research skills (Internet, Microsoft software, Google docs, advanced searches, etc.).
- Analytical thinking skill as well as excellent interpersonal capabilities.
- Candidates must be able to speak and understand Spanish and English.
- Furthermore, candidates must be a proactive person with the ability to work in a team.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is a worldwide humanitarian aid organization that reaches 160 million people each year through its 192 member National Societies. It acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. It does so with impartiality as to nationality, race, gender, religious beliefs, class, and political opinions. The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement along with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and 192 National Societies