Internship at United Nations is available in Switzerland. Intern – Information Systems & Communication Technology position is vacant in the Office for Disarmament Affairs (ODA). The incumbent reports to the Director, Conference on Disarmament Secretariat and Conference Support Branch.
The internship, based in Geneva, Switzerland, is UNPAID and full-time, working five days per week, under the supervision of a chief of unit in the department or office to which she/he is assigned. The initial duration of the internship is for 3 months and can be extended up to 6 months.
- Be in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
- Moreover, Having graduated from or studying in the programme of information systems and communication technology, public information, communication, languages, social sciences or a related field is desirable;
- Furthermore, Be computer literate in standard software applications, in particular related to social media; proficiency in HTML, CSS and/or Drupal is desirable;
- In addition, Have a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Likewise, Have a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Also, Knowledge of French is an asset. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Plan, design, implement as well as manage ODA CDSCSB profile in the Unite Connections platform;
- Also, assist in record management in the Unite Docs platform;
- Prepare training materials and educate clients on related IT topics;
- Furthermore, Assist in other IT functions as necessary;
- Incorporate an integrated approach that includes a science and technology into the policy, besides planning and operational activities of the unit;
- Participates in in developing, managing and delivering project, project-design