Internship Call- Facility Management Engineer at WFP in Italy
The World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. It is currently seeking to fill a Facilities/Building Engineer intern position in the WFP Headquarters, based in Rome, Italy.
Key duties will include:
- Ensure that every action is properly recorded on the corporate tool for Facility Management
- Likewise, check and close preventive and ordinary tickets on Archibus
- Analyze various sources of data related to maintenance activities;
- Also, collect the data of HQ utilities consumption, maintenance actions, costs, etc., and include them in the yearly benchmark report;
- Similarly, support the management of extraordinary actions, including the technical review of the price proposals, draft of Notices to Proceed and Final Inspections documents, and their recording
- Keep track of extraordinary actions and related costs;
- Also, coordinate access permissions to the premises and to restricted areas when needed for inspections and maintenance activities;
- Likewise, provide support for the management of spare parts, carrying out periodical storage inspections and check of inventories;
- Additionally, process and check utilities invoices for payment and keep track of expenses against consumptions
The interns must meet the given criteria for the eligibility
- Currently enrolled in, (with at least two years undergraduate studies completed) Or
- recently graduated from (within the past six months) a relevant building or management Engineering degree, i.e. Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Management Engineering.
- Likewise, university course attendance in the past 12-months
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), in particular Excel
- Also, knowledge of Cad system would be an advantage
Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) is required. Moreover, knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
If you have any queries about the opportunity, visit the official page. You may also visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.