Call for Internship for Livelihoods Manager at Danish Refugee Council in Syria. The deadline for this application is 31st May 2021.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara’a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
- Develop and manage tools and processes pertaining to the effective management of the program, including project workplans, monthly workplans, weekly team meetings, etc. Oversee the planning and implementation of activities by program staff to ensure the effective and timely implementation of all projects
- Also, develop and lead the team to undertake needs assessments to inform program design and strategic direction
- Ensure that plans are informed by sound analysis, with consultations with teams and concerned stakeholders and that program activities and modalities are devised in promotion of DRC’s values, culture and beliefs; and is gender and conflict-sensitive.
- Likewise, uphold the professional standards related to Economic Recovery programming in humanitarian assistance, in particular the Minimum Economic Recovery Standards (MERS).
- Develop and share with team DRC’s Economic Recovery programme monitoring and implementation tools/ guidance docs such as SOPs, tools and forms aligned with standards and monitoring framework.
- Furthermore, facilitate ongoing communications with relevant partners throughout the project cycle;
- Provide inputs for the development of DRC Syria’ s Economic Recovery strategy, theories of change and operational research initiatives;
- Also, assist in the identification of strong local partners/stakeholders and potential program synergies to develop for future opportunities;
- Additionally, plan, coordinate and supervise the launch of assessments, key informant interviews, and focus group discussions on economic recovery activities;
- Complete regular field visits to deliver technical oversight, identify needs, provide support, troubleshoot, strengthen capacity, and ensure quality programming (when possible)
- Likewise, lead on integrating Economic Recovery activities, with other core DRC programming in particular Protection and HPD.
- At least five years of management experience in Economic Recovery (livelihoods, financial inclusion) and Cash and Voucher Assistance programs with an INGO. Programming experience in displacement contexts, including in protracted situations and fragile context is an asset/preferred
- Solid technical experience in implementing market-based income generation promotion (waged and self-employed).
- Similarly, solid experience in project development and management; including the ability to lead on assessments, design, implementation, monitoring; with good skills in donor reporting, budget and data management, accountability and compliance
- Prior experience in managing/capacity strengthening staff and leading teams
- Demonstrated ability in conceptual, analytical and critical thinking with the ability to develop programmatic or advocacy strategies towards greater quality and impact
- Also, strong capacity in influencing and engaging a range of stakeholders; with proven representational skills and the ability to advocate in line with humanitarian principles
- Strong capacity building, facilitation, and presentation skills with the ability to provide internal trainings
- Likewise, ability to work flexibly in a diverse team; with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to integrate gender, conflict sensitivity and accountability into programming.
University Degree or higher education in the field of Business Administration, social sciences, economics, political sciences, development or any other related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Arabic is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.