Call for Internship for Protection at Danish Refugee Council(DRC) in Kenya. The deadline for this application is 15th June 2021.
The position will be supporting the coordination of protection activities across the region, ensure timely and appropriate information sharing, conducting research and drafting of documents, keep track of ongoing tasks and support requests and other tasks as directed by the Technical Sector Manager & Regional Protection Coordinator.
- Support in assessing capacity building needs in the areas of Child Protection and GBV programming;
- Conduct research and support in the development of new approaches in the areas of Child Protection and GBV programming;
- Also, contribute to reporting and proposal development across the countries in the region to ensure minimum standards are applied and adhered to and that AGDI considerations are reflected;
- Similarly, support Country Offices to conduct detailed age, gender and diversity analysis to guide DRC’s operations, institutional culture and programming within its platforms and corresponding sectors
- Furthermore, follow up with Country Offices on the implementation of Regional Age, Gender and Diversity Strategy and country-specific action plans
- Support in the development and implementation of assessments to determine learning and capacity gaps and design training and capacity building tools for staff on age, gender and diversity
- Likewise, support with the development and roll-out of DRC training material on AGDM and roll out within EAGL RO.
- Masters’ degree in relevant social sciences (eg. law, social work, psychology, political science, international relations);
- Also, excellent research and writing skills;
- Proven track record in coordination, organizing trainings and events, and following up on tasks;
- Additionally, ability to work under pressure and with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiation skills;
- Similarly, strong affinity with humanitarian protection principles;
- Experience in working in fragile and conflict contexts in an asset;
- Experience working with populations under stress is an asset;
- Likewise, experience in East Africa Region & Great Lakes region will be seen as an advantage
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Good command of French language is an added value
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.