Call for Internship for Public Information at Economic Commission for Europe in Switzerland. The deadline for this application is 18th May 2021.
The internship is located in the United Nations Road Safety Fund (UNRSF), United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) in Geneva.
- To assist in the management of the UNRSTF web and social media presence:
- Also, drafting text and visual contents to be used for the UNRSF website and social media profiles
- Plans and draft the stories to be featured as highlights on the mandate and work of the UNRSTF
- Likewise, publish the contents on the UNRSF website and social media profiles
- Takes initiative for the design and creation of promotional and marketing materials (using Adobe InDesign).
- Preparation of press releases and contents to be used on social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram) and liaise with partners (UN and external) for publication.
- Furthermore, actively engage with online audiences through social media channels.
- To carry out other tasks as required by the Head of the UNRSF Secretariat, such as desk research, project-related work and meeting support.
- Similarly, update and coordinate the editorial planning of publications for the web and social media.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Also, works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda. Similarly, supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Furthermore, shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Likewise, actively seeks to improve programs or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things.
Fluency in English (both oral and written). English native speaker
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.