Internship for Security Assistant at United Nations Office for Project Services in Afghanistan. The deadline for this application is 19th May 2021.
The Security Assistant works under the guidance and direct supervision of the Security Officer, within the Support Services team and in close coordination with the Program Managers and the office management team. S/he provides a comprehensive range of specialized and administrative support services for the management of security and safety operations.
- Liaise with the United Nations Department: for Safety and Security (UNDSS) and other UN Agencies Security Assistants/Officers on security related matters.
- Also, attend daily security briefs with UNDSS.
- Assist in providing response to accidents/incidents involving UNOPS staff and properties.
- Ensure timely passage of security related information as received from liaison partners to UNOPS Security Officer.
- Likewise, work with UNOPS radio room and replace radio operators during annual leave and sick leave.
- Ensure the needs of the Ministry of Interior – Department: of Protection and Security (MOI-DPS) guards are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure all radio procedures are adhered to by all UNOPS personnel.
- Additionally, act as Incident Focal Point during times of crisis.
- Ensure regular tracking of UNOPS staff and field missions.
- Furthermore, provide pre-departure briefing to UNOPS road missions.
- Moreover, maintain a log for asset removal from UNOPS premises.
- Provide accurate and timely incident reports on security events.
- Similarly, support the reporting of Significant Security Incident Report (SSIR) in a timely manner.
- Provide support in Security Risk Management (SRM) assessments on venues frequented by UNOPS personnel for official visits/meetings.
- Update all security related documents and ensure the full set of security documents and Standard operating procedure (SOP’s) are present at all times.
- Moreover, maintain up to date warden system for all UNOPS personnel.
- Update staff database on daily basis.
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience in security or operations’ services is required in national or international, public or corporate organizations, including experience in one or more of the following areas: Incident reporting, security administration support, security communication, telecommunication and warden system.
- Also, prior experience with the UN system or international NGOs is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (G Suite, MS Office), and experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Likewise, knowledge of Telecommunication including High Frequency (HF) and Very High Frequency (VHF).
- Working knowledge of English language is essential.
- Furthermore, fluency in the local language/s of the duty station (Dari, Pashto)
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities.