There is an announcement for the Internship for Human Rights at OHCHR in Belgium. Interested candidates can apply for the position. The duty location is Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Brussels, Belgium.
- The Office of the United Nations (UN) High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is the Secretariat Department responsible for strengthening international human rights mechanisms; enhancing equality and countering discrimination
- Also, integrating human rights in development and in the economic sphere; widening the democratic space
- Furthermore, early warning and protection of human rights in situations of conflict, violence, and insecurity.
The intern will do the following duties
- The intern shall support OHCHR in fulfilling its mission.
- He/she will help to work for the protection of all human rights for all people; to help empower people to realize their rights.
- Also, to assist those responsible for upholding such rights in ensuring that they are implemented.
- The intern will be monitoring developments in the European region and within the European Union’s institutions.
- Likewise, he/she will draft thematic and background materials and assist with the preparation of thematic studies and analyses, on access to health for disadvantaged groups, Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and legal capacity, empowerment for Roma, human rights and aging, and children in institutional care.
- Additionally, assist in the organization of workshops and seminars
- Furthermore, assist in overseeing maintenance and further development of the Regional Office’s information and resource tools
- Also, he/she will contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports on the work of the Office
- Also, attend meetings/conferences as requested, and note-taking when relevant
- Similarly, he/she will perform other related duties.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements
- Also, demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Likewise, listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Also, considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
For the Internship for Human Rights at OHCHR in Belgium, the intern must meet the given requirements
- They must, at the time of their submission, be enrolled in a graduate school program (i.e. Master’s degree or equivalent degree, or higher) or in the final academic year of a first-level university degree program, preferably in the area of law, political science, international relations, social sciences or a related field, OR
- They should have graduated with a university degree as defined above AND, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period from the date of graduation
Work Experience Languages
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Additionally, for this internship, fluency in English or French is required, knowledge of the other is an asset.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
Visit the official website for more details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more internship opportunities