Internship Opportunity: Join as a Communication Intern at UNDP
UNDP Eritrea’s communication Intern will seek to strengthen the country office’s partnership engagement and resource mobilization efforts. It will do so by highlighting partnerships with development partners around interventions to support the country’s transformation agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities for Communication Intern
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Analyst and DRR, the intern will help to:
- Support the development of UNDP Publications;
- Manage the UNDP Youth Connects for Development
- Work in cooperation with the National Union of Eritrean Youth and Students;
- Empower the selected team to identify the Team head who will be responsible for communicating with the UNDP team on behalf of the Innovation Team and ensuring that discussion and research are ongoing to achieve the proposed innovation idea;
- Program Development: Assist in developing and organizing innovative programs and activities that cater to the needs and interests of the youth community.
- Engage with the youth community, build relationships, and promote the Innovation Hub’s activities. Encourage participation, gather feedback, and create a supportive and inclusive environment for collaboration and idea-sharing.
- Resource Management: Coordinate and manage available resources, financial and physical space, equipment, and technology. Ensure they are utilized efficiently and effectively to support the innovation activities of the hub.
- Partnerships and Networking: Foster relationships with local businesses, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. Seek partnerships and collaborations to enhance the resources, expertise, and opportunities available to the youth in the Innovation Hub.
- Mentoring and Support: Provide guidance and mentorship to the youth involved in the hub. Help them develop their ideas, connect with relevant resources, and overcome challenges they may face in their innovative pursuits.
- Marketing and Communication: Assist in marketing the Innovation Hub and its activities through various channels, such as social media, websites, and community outreach. Create engaging content, share success stories, and promote the impact of the hub on the youth community.
- Evaluation and Reporting: Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs and activities. Collect data, measure outcomes, and prepare reports to demonstrate the impact of the Youth Innovation Hub to be presented to the Communication Officer and Management.
- Prepare and present weekly performance reports.
3. Contribute to the ideation of new digital and social media campaigns;
- Identify thematic leaders and influencers;
Required Skills and Experience
To be considered for the position, individuals should meet at least one of the below criteria:
- be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a BA or master’s programme) in the fields of Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, International Studies, Graphic Design, Journalism or related;
- excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- literate in standard programmes (MS Office, Canva, Illustrator, Adobe Suite, or similar software);
- ability to use a range of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, or equivalent).