Internship opportunity is available at United Nations office in Geneva, Panama City, Bangkok, Suva and Brussels. The Public Information internship is at the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction Secretariat. The internship is for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of the regional office. Furthermore, the internship is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher), be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or, have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation
- Be computer literate in standard software applications
- Likewise, have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter
- Similarly, have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Moreover, fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement
- Furthermore, knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is a must. The Cover Note must include:
- Preferred duty station(s) for the internship
- Degree programme (What are you currently studying?)
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Also, explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- In addition, explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.