Internship Program is available at the United Nations OHCHR’s Regional Office for South America. The position is available in the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean department. Furthermore, the intern will work under the general guidance of the Public Information Officer and the direct supervision of Information Assistant. The internship in the OHCHR’s Regional Office for South America will last 3 months.
- Review the stock and integrity of the library materials and participate in the redesign of the library’s physical space.
- Develop a database that contains all publications in existence in the office and their quantities.
- In addition, contribute to the updating of the Library’s digital repository.
- Develop services that increase the visibility of the digital library, internally and externally.
- Moreover, contribute to the improvement of a library communications plan and ensures that internal and external users are informed of the new resources offered by the digital library.
- Prepare promotional as well as interactive Library materials about services and information resources.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- likewise, be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Similarly, have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- For this internship, studies in library sciences are desirable.
- Professional work experience is not a requirement for participation in the programme.
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish (both oral and written) is necessary for the Internship Programme.
- Also, advanced knowledge of English is a requirement. Knowledge of another UN official language would be an asset.
You need to submit a complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile). The Cover Note must include:
- Degree programme (What are you currently studying or what have you studied ?)
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.