Applications for Law Trainee at Google in Germany. This program is a wonderful opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a study in Law. It is for students for legal qualifications who intend to return to studies after the completion of the program.
As a Legal Trainee (Rechtsreferendar/in), and part of the Google regional Legal team, the intern will play an important part in helping to respond to some of the biggest legal challenges of the information age. The intern will be in Hamburg, the German legal department of Google (Google Rechtsabteilung Hamburg). Moreover, this internship offers an optional training period as part of the compulsory legal training (Wahlstation/Anwaltsstation während des Referendariats). Moreover, the candidate will get an insight into a variety of legal challenges at Google and YouTube, learning to expect the unexpected while actively promoting the development of internet law in an unconventional environment.
The Law Trainee will do the following duties at the Google Law Department in Hamburg, Germany
- Assist in a variety of projects such as the localization of new Google Products and the review and drafting of agreements.
- Conduct research on a variety of legal topics including intellectual property, consumer regulations, media regulations, advertising, data protection, etc.
- Respond to various legal requests from users and third parties in relation to Google services.
- Assist the Legal team in the preparation and the management of court actions.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the Legal team.
- First legal state exam completion (Erstes Staatsexamen). In addition to that, current enrollment in compulsory legal training (Station im Rahmen des Referendariats).
- Furthermore, the ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
Google prefers candidates with the following experiences
- Legal analysis and research.
- Building relationships and communicate with people at all levels.
- Data protection, Copyright, technology or media law.
- Working on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Furthermore, interest in technology and IT-relevant legal problems and recent developments preferred. In addition to that, candidates must have an availability to start in Q3’2020 (August to October / September to November) or Q2-Q4’2021.