IE3 Global offers international internships within a variety of academic and professional fields in over 50 countries. IE3 Global works closely with each applicant to place students at internship sites where they will meet their personal, professional and cross-cultural goals as part of their academic experience while contributing meaningfully to the host organization.
Preparation for an IE3 Global internship begins before a student applies. To get the most out of the internship, students should start planning ahead and considering these areas:
- Academic Preparation: The coursework on applicants transcript is part of their application. Some sites like to see specific academic backgrounds, so a student should conduct research into what courses will prepare them and compliment their desired internship.
- Cultural: A student should learn about the culture of the country in which they wish to intern. This can be accomplished through a study abroad program, learning the language spoken in that country, through meeting students from that country, or from reading, research, and/or classes.
- Logistical: Timing is critical when planning an internship. Students should think about saving for expenses, degree requirements, and passport application periods in advance.
- Professional: Many internships prefer students with previous professional experience. Students should consider gaining exposure to the professional world before applying for an internship.
A student is eligible to participate in an IE3 Global internship if they are:
- A junior, senior, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student
- Currently enrolled in a degree program at a participating college or university
- In good academic standing
With an IE3 Global internship, applicants will earn academic credit from Oregon State University while gaining professional experience abroad. Internships are available in a variety of private sector companies, nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions around the world.
The IE3 Global internship program fee of $3,450 is paid in lieu of OSU tuition and includes the following:
- Academic credit
- Internship placement
- Pre-departure orientation
- International health insurance
- Learning tools
- Monitoring and support by IE3 Global staff throughout the internship
Application deadlines are as follows:
- For Summer term: January 25
- For Fall term: April 15
- For Winter term: September 1
- For Spring term: November 15