Applications are open for the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA). It is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean, and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). CTA will offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications. As part of their new digital team, digital team, you will also, be actively engaged in feeding CTA’s social media channels and help the organization use social media wisely and effectively.
Moreover, You will work closely with their communications and marketing team to assist in updating and implementing their social media strategy. In addition, you will propose, create and post content, and participate actively in content planning. Further, You will interact with other CTA staff to get content and verify accuracy.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing & Communication Programme Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Update CTA’s corporate social media accounts (currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram in
- English and French) with text and visuals;
- Assist in updating and implementing CTA’s social media strategy;
- Draft social media strategies and prepare social media tool kits for campaigns and event;
- Also, Propose social media content planning;
- Identify and create relevant visuals for social media;
- Research influencers, brands and networking opportunities that are strategic for CTA communication objectives;
- Moderate and engage with comments posted on social media keeping in line with CTA’s corporate tone and also, messages;
- Engage with all incoming direct messages on all platforms;
- Keep track of performance on social media and produce monthly reports;
- Support the team in quality control of the event calendar;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at an international level.
- Internship stipend (€800 per month for the holder of a bachelor’s degree, €1,000 per month for holder of a master’s degree).
- Also, Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, also, marketing or related discipline. Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Strong experience in social media.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Further, attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Additionally, Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or the Caribbean).
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.