Paid Internship is available at UNOPS , Belgium. Cities Alliance, which is hosted by UNOPS, is a global partnership for the promotion of cities in poverty reduction and sustainable development.
Cities Alliance is a global leader, with a strong track record in grant making, that supports strategic city planning, slum upgrading strategies and national policies designed to make cities more inclusive and sustainable. Through UNOPS, the Cities Alliance operates a Multi-Donor Fund supported by an efficient, flexible grant-making mechanism with global reach.
Eligibility and Requirements
- All applicants must be enrolled in university programme such as Bachelor or Master’s Degree or Ph. D. program (or equivalent); or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the application date of the internship.
- Area of study and interest should be preferably one of the following: Urban Studies, Business Administration, Development Studies, Economics, Finance, Social Sciences, Political Science, Communications/Journalism or related fields.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but some international work experience and exposure is desirable.
- Fluency in English
- Working knowledge of French will be highly desirable.
- Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions.
- Further, UNOPS may provide a one-time travel lump sum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
- Provide operational assistance to project teams.
- Also, to carry out research and analysis to support project implementation or other business needs.
- Moreover, to assist with the organization of international events, global dialogues and workshops.
- Furthermore, to draft articles on key themes, emerging trends and achievements.
- Also, to provide inputs to concept notes and synthesize research findings.
- Draft briefing notes, talking points, powerpoint presentations and assist with communication and dissemination.
- Perform other related duties as required.
For the duration of their internship, interns will be members of project teams, participate in meetings, support specific exercises and provide assistance to meet business needs. Interns may have to travel for specific events.