Paid Internship in London, UK by the World Energy Council, for the position of Senior Programme Manager, is an international membership organization with national Member Committees in over 90 countries. Its secretariat is based in London (UK) and employees represent over 15 different countries, speak more than ten languages and come from a broad range of backgrounds, most with experience in the energy sector. The Council has the largest global network of energy leaders and practitioners, as Intern you will support proactive customer service to this community, whilst broadening and deepening your experience in the global energy field.
The Insights team produces the Council’s toolkit. The toolkit consists of 5 tools which are produced by the Council for their global network in an effort to assist in their energy transition. The intern will participate in the timely and qualitatively sound production of these tools, which will require a quantitively fluent candidate.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Highly collaborative, with excellent relationship management and team working skills.
- Senior stakeholder engagement guru, excels in creating valuable connections.
- Professional communicator, with superb editorial skills and ability to make content accessible and useable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish a constructive rapport with people at many different levels and from different cultural backgrounds, and willing to go the extra mile for internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to initiate and manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization – from Board level to administrator, and to act as the credible representative to stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
• Thrives working in a delivery environment, with first-rate project and event management skills and ability to prioritize conflicting tasks, and helping influence to get
to the rights outcome.
• Highly motivated, self-starter, flexible and adaptable in approach, and able to work autonomously.
• Creative and innovative in approach; take internal and external stakeholders with them.
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude, open to feedback and enthusiastic about how to improve outcomes.
- Background & Profile
- Demonstrable track record in a similar role in event production, event management, stakeholder engagement, preferably within a global organization with the demonstrated understanding of the mechanics behind delivering successful and complex high caliber events.
- Extensive experience in developing relationships and stakeholder engagement, at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrable project and event management skills.
- Strong experience of a multi-stakeholder approach, exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a
the range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Proven ability for coordinating and administering all aspects of conference production, from pre-event planning to end reporting.
- Strong multitasker with excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Fluency of other languages highly regarded.