Experience what it is like to work in a large, corporate finance organization by becoming integrated within a finance team. Interns will gain hands-on experience by contributing to day to day activities and meaningful projects. Moreover, these roles are compensated at a competitive hourly rate and interns will work 40-hours a week during business hours for about 10 weeks. Also, start and end dates are flexible based on interns academic schedule and business needs.
Based on interns interests and skill set they would be assigned to a finance team. Also, possible areas/projects include, but not limited to:
- Financial analysis: – Performs variety of financial planning, analysis, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, reconciliation and other related financial activities. Also, Partners with lines of business to provide financial consulting, advice and support. Compiles and analyzes financial statements, information and reports. Also, Develops revenue/expense and other financial analyses, reports and presentations.
- Business finance & modeling: An ideal candidate would be working towards, or recently have completed a degree with a focus in, but not limited to disciplines such as: finance, economics or analytics. Exposure to highly sought after Corporate Finance skills such as reporting, analysis, as well as financial modeling will be offered.
- Business Development: – An intern will receive deep exposure to IDEXX’s core commercial strategies, mergers & acquisitions processes, and varied inorganic development projects throughout the course of the summer program. Also, interns will lead research initiatives to assess new market opportunities, develop acquisition evaluation skills, and gain visibility into the complete end-to-end corporate transaction process. IDEXX is an agile, innovative company so the candidate will be encouraged to contribute ideas to further differentiate IDEXX strategies and optimize processes in context with active corporate development initiatives.
- Audit: As an Audit Intern, they would like to provide interns an overview of the audit process and would like help with special projects related to credit card oversight for the company.
- Students pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree (Dec 2019 or May 2020 expected graduation dates preferred)
- Also, Solid coursework in finance, accounting, math or related disciplines
- A demonstrated pattern of high academic achievement
- Also, Leadership experience in an academic, work or community setting
- Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Also, Self-starters with the ability work independently with limited supervision
- A curiosity to solve problems
- Ability to work in Westbrook, Maine without housing assistance.