Applications call for Internship in WHO Oman Office. The objective of this internship is to contribute to the efforts of the WCO in addressing the COVID-19 outbreak and Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) interventions.
Candidates who undertake this Internship in WHO Oman Office will do the following duties
- Constantly reviewing evolving literature and conduct literature surveys in relation to COVID19 and AMR areas of work.
- Undertaking web research and data collection on COVID19 emergency and AMR (antimicrobial resistance).
- Organizing data and documents related to work areas fitting into the filing structure of the office.
- Participating in the development of tools and guidelines, namely related to the modeling exercises for the projection of epidemiological curve and resource requirements.
- Assisting in drafting, formatting and editing policy briefs, hand-outs, reports and messaging with the focus on the Arabic language.
- Assisting in organizing daily meetings and drafting minutes.
- Participating in on-going projects as deemed appropriate and as per the guidance of the supervisors.
- Understand the objectives of the WHO emergency preparedness and response work.
- Communicate clearly about the WHO emergency preparedness and response work.
- Understand the difference of work between headquarters, regional offices and country offices.
- Know how to conduct and review literature and surveys.
- Know how to assemble data and prepare a comprehensive analysis.
- Prepare background documents for meetings and minutes.
- Develop the outline of a document.
Have completed three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply for the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
All interns should be able to demonstrate the following skills in line with the WHO core competencies:
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing.
- Showing the willingness to learn from mistakes.
- Producing and delivering quality results.
- Working collaboratively with team members.