Paid Internship is available in World Food Programme (WFP) Nordic Office. WFP Nordic Office is located in Copenhagen in the UN City, which hosts 11 UN organizations. The office raises awareness of the key role of WFP in reaching Zero Hunger and the results achieved together with its Nordic partners. Our office is looking to fill multiple internship positions in the area of communication and social media outreach. The duration is six months, and will be from August 5th 2019 – February 7th 2020. It is a full time internship.
- Maintain and further expand WFP Nordic Office’s online support base through:
- Translating, editing and updating the Finnish website
- Creating content, translating, editing and updating the Finnish Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account
- Translate and distribute corporate updates, statements and press-releases
- Cooperate on various campaigns and outreach activities
- Also, Host visits and make presentations to students about the work of WFP
- Handle inquiries from students and general public
- Likewise, Monitor national media on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant media coverage
- Carry out national political surveillance on issues related to the work and mandate of WFP and report on relevant developments in government policies in the respective countries
- Furthermore, Monitor trends and issues which impact hunger and food assistance and identify opportunities for WFP to influence public debate on hunger, food and development assistance
- In addition, Assist in the planning and preparation of visits, meetings and conferences, briefing material and other administrative matters
Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month. Currently the stipend for Denmark is USD 930, however this may vary
Qualifications and Requirements
- Currently enrolled having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last six months with a BA or MA in Communications or Journalism, International Development or other fields related to communication or humanitarian/development studies.
- Course attendance in the past twelve months.
- Fluency in English and Finnish.
- Experience in online communication – with a strong social media knowledge. Experience from journalism, communication or other information related work is desirable
- Similarly, Excellent written communication skills in Finnish
- Also, a good command of written and spoken English – the working language in WFP
- Moreover, Working experience in national or international organizations, relevant to the humanitarian and/or development field
- Likewise, Experience in outreach/advocacy campaigns and other activities
- Translations – from English into Finnish and vice versa