Paid Internship in Netherlands
Paid Internship in Netherlands by CTA is a highly motivated and result-oriented intern to help update and implement CTA’s social media strategy. The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA’s envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.CTA can offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications. As part of our new digital team, you will be actively engaged in feeding CTA’s social media channels and help the organisation use social media widely and effectively. You will work closely with our communications and marketing team to assist in updating and implementing our social media strategy. In addition, you will create and post content, animate discussions and participate in content planning. You will interact with other CTA staff to get content and verify accuracy.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing & Communication Programme Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assist in updating and implementing CTA’s social media strategy;
- Update CTA’s corporate social media accounts (text in English and French and photos);
- Keep track of messages users send to CTA via social media;
- Moderate comments posted on social media;
- Assist in social media content planning and be responsible for keeping it updated, revising it as necessary to reflect news and updates across CTA’s websites;
- Support CTA staff and interns in using social media tools in relation to their activities;
- Contribute content to various social networking channels e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn;
- Create content for blogs, CTA event websites and e-newsletters when required;
- Propose standardised training/information for all new interns on social media at CTA.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for the holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for the holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline.
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Experience in social media.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or Caribbean).
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
Deadline: 10th June 2017