RI Department of Education is very pleased to announce their opening of the second year of the Prepare Rhode Island (PrepareRI) Internship Program for Current High School Juniors. In their first year, 162 students participated, 46 partner companies and organizations worked statewide. This is a paid internship and selected students will earn $ 11.25 / hour and earn up to 6 college credits.
Internship Description: The Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) is responsible for elementary and secondary education (prekindergarten through grade 12) in Rhode Island. It is headquartered in Providence.
Internship Duration: The internship period is for a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Attend Rhode Island public school
- Junior in high school (2018/2019 school year)
- Rhode Island resident
- Minimum of 16 years of age by March 1, 2019
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Parental/Guardian consent to participate
- Complete online PrepareRI Internship Application
- The complete interview with Skills RI and/or with employers
- Attend 40-hour work-readiness training scheduled for June 24-28, 2019 from 8:30 am- 5:30 pm
- Commit to at least 150 hours of work over a 6 – 8 week period from July 1 – August 23, 2019
- Have a flexible schedule for work.
- To apply, the applicant must register for an account
- After you register, you must verify their email address. An email will be sent to them with a verification link
- Go to your email to access the verification link. Within the email, click “Confirm email address” to verify your email. After verifying your email address you will be brought back to the application site
- Once back at the application site, you must complete the eligibility form. If you are eligible for the program, you will then be able to access and complete the application
- You can start your application and save it to complete at a later time
- When you have completed your application, be sure to review their work closely before you submit
- When you are satisfied with your application and are ready to submit, click “Mark as Complete,” then “Review & Submit,” and lastly “Submit Your Application”
- If you are completing your application on a mobile device, after you have clicked “Mark as Complete,” you must click “Back to Application,” then “Review & Submit,” and lastly “Submit Your Application”
- If you do not submit your application, it will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- The application must be completed online, there is no paper form
- Application closes February 1, 2019, at 11:59 PM