Paid Traineeship is available at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). ICRC works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. Furthermore, it takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law.
The traineeship is at the Movement Operations Unit and the incumbent will reinforce the team in its effective and efficient support to the ICRC’s Operations at HQ and field levels. The trainee will report to the Head of Sector for the Near and Middle East, Division for Cooperation and Coordination within the Movement.
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- 12 month contract remuneration
- Degree/Masters in a relevant field (e.g. international relations, development studies, political science, law, public administration)
- Above all, an excellent command of English and working knowledge of French
- Some previous related work experience in a non-academic setting is preferable.
- The preferred qualities include
- A demonstrated interest in humanitarian action as well as the work of the ICRC
- Prior experience with a component of the Movement in an asset (National Society, the International Federation or the ICRC)
- Likewise, desmonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work well managing multiple priorities and meeting
- In addition, strong written communication and conceptual skills
- Some related prior work experience
- Similarly, good understanding of the mission and mandate of the ICRC, National Societies and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Experience in policy making/analysis
- Strong computer litteracy
- Moreover, project management /coordination experience
- Experience drafting policy, briefing notes and other communication products
- Also, an ability to take initiatives and work autonomously
- Able to work well in a multicultural team and in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Furthermore, working level in Arabic, Russian or Spanish
You need to apply via the official site of the job in order to get considerations.