The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. Moreover, they take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. Likewise, they are an independent and neutral organization, and their mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. They work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. So, they direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
Purpose of the Post
The Social Marketing Unit contributes to the positioning of the ICRC as a leader in the humanitarian field through the development and promotion of the ICRC’s identity and global positioning on priority themes. In addition, the post holder will support this effort by assisting in the development of campaigns, communication initiatives, research, events and other branding or positioning activities, from the field and at headquarters.
Support the unit in this different projects:
Health Care in Danger and Missing Persons Project:
- Assist the communication focal point
- Also, support the implementation of the social media activities linked to this two projects
- Support the development of alerts and broadcast messages as well as
- Support the production of digital and print products
- Create the brief
- Also, interact with suppliers
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and
- Analyze the media and social media reach
- Contribute to the organisation of events around the priority files for the unit
- Only individuals enrolled in higher education or who have recently completed their studies are eligible to be trainees/associates.
- Also, for candidates to be eligible they must have a maximum of one year’s professional experience after graduation (related to the post) or two years if they have been in previous traineeships.
- University degree in marketing, communication, public relations or related field.
- Furthermore, experience in working for development/humanitarian organisations in communications, marketing and/or fundraising (similar experience in the private sector with strong interest in the not-for-profit sector will also be valued) would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of current communication, marketing and branding practices and tools.
- Also, strong written and oral communication skills (English mother tongue preferred, French, Spanish or Arabic an asset).
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Also, strong analytical capacity.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to adapt to workload that varies and to work under pressure with very short deadlines.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement an asset.