Application calls for a Paid internship at WFP in South Korea. The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WPF is currently seeking an intern to fill a Communications intern position in our WFP Korea Office, based in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
WFP Seoul Office’s Communications team is responsible for raising brand awareness and familiarity among the Korean public by providing information and messages to media, and managing and creating content on social media. In particular, the intern will do the following duties
- Assist in generating visibility content including text, photos, videos, and audio.
- Utilize Adobe graphic tools such as Indesign, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.
- Assist in managing WFP’s online channels (Facebook, Naver blog, Instagram, etc.).
- Translate contents in Korean and/or in English.
- Prepare, organize, and take photos of online and offline events.
- Support the drafting of newsletters, magazine articles or any other written contents.
- Search online and offline news articles related to WFP.
- Assist in performing other tasks as requested.
- Skills and experience in either of photography, graphic design, and video editing is a significant advantage.
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past 6 months) in one or more of the following disciplines: Political Science, International Relations, International Development/Cooperation, Development Economics, Public Administration, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant fields (ODA-related preferred).
- University course attendance in the past 12 months.
- Strong Korean and English writing skills.
- Working knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
- Social media management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in an UN-related internship or in fundraising.
- Experience in organizing offline campaigns or events.
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) and Korean is required.
This WFP Internship at South Korea is a paid position. Candidates will receive the following benefits
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas, and related costs. But FP will reimburse travel tickets for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern will
- Understand WFP and UN system
- Understand the role of PPR WFP Korea office in the whole WFP system
- Learn how to develop and manage partnerships with government counterparts
- Learn practical skills in Communications such as promoting WFP and Zero hunger challenge issues in the Republic of Korea.
See the full position description