Apply for the Program Management Intern at DOS in the USA. The deadline for the application is 14th November 2020.
Organization: Department of Operational Support
The Department of Operational Support (DOS) provides end-to-end operational support advisory services and other solutions to operating entities across the Secretariat, including other departments, offices-away-from headquarters, field missions, and regional commissions.
- Provides administrative support to ongoing projects in operational workforce planning and in organizational design;
- Carries out research, analysis and drafting of documents, and presents data and information to support implementation of activities, including the preparation of reports and presentations;
- Supports the Section Chief of Operational Staffing Design Section with ad hoc requests to provide response to front offices of the Director and Deputy Director of Human Resources Services Division;
- Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases
Communication on Workforce Planning and Organizational Design
- Assists Operational Staffing Design Section with workforce planning and organizational design related in formational materials (job aids, toolkits, factsheets, correspondence templates, presentation slides, etc.);
- Also, assists the coordination and organization of the Section’s Communication and Engagement activities including but not limited to change management workshops, client meetings, client contact list
- Additionally, assists the coordination and organization of the Section’s Communication and Engagement activities including but not limited to change management workshops, client meetings, client contact list;
- Furthermore, in social media outreach and communication materials design such as booklets, brochures, training materials and guides
Qualifications for Program Management Intern USA
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Program, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) Likewise, be enrolled in, have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
Applicants must also:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications
- Additionally, have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter
- Furthermore, have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Program. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants must have fluency in spoken and written English for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an advantage. Also, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.