Applications are now open for Program Support Intern at UNU, Germany. The United Nations University (UNU) is a global think tank and postgraduate teaching organization headquartered in Japan. Further, the mission of the UN University is to contribute, through collaborative research and education, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems of human survival, development, and welfare that are the concern of the United Nations, its Peoples, and the Member States. UNU encompasses 13 research and training institutes and programs located in 12 countries around the world.
Moreover, as part of the United Nations University, the Institute helps build a bridge between the academic world and the United Nations. UNU-FLORES develops strategies to resolve pressing challenges in the area of sustainable use and integrated management of environmental resources such as water, soil, and waste.
What will Program Support Intern do at UNU Germany?
Under the authority of the Director of UNU-FLORES and the supervision of the Manager, Office of the Director, the successful candidate shall carry out the following tasks:
Provide general support to the Office of the Director:
- update and improve the UNU-FLORES contact database
- similarly, prepare meeting minutes, reports, manuals, or other documents
- help with meeting preparations
- assist with the front-desk responsibilities
- assist with the end-year mail distribution
- help with preparing the Director’s travel
- support the IT unit
- assist with the yearly inventory
- perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Provide logistical support to events held at UNU-FLORES:
- similarly, assist with the preparation and distribution of invitations and other publications
- also, support event coordination: lectures, conferences, workshops, and other public events
Provide other administrative support of the office and the academic units:
- provide general support to the coordination of the Joint Ph.D. program
- similarly, assist with drafting reports and/or news stories about UNU-FLORES activities and events
- also, support the team with other administrative tasks
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must currently be pursuing or have recently completed postgraduate studies (master’s degree or equivalent), or be in the final year of the first university degree programme (bachelor’s level or equivalent), in the field of law, education, language, cultural studies, politics, or other social science subjects; applications from non-students will be accepted only in exceptional cases.
- similarly, the candidate must have proficient knowledge of English; knowledge of other UN official languages or German would be an asset.
- also, sound skills of using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
How to apply for the program Support Intern at UNU Germany?
All applicants should send their complete Internship Application Form as well as their CV and cover letter in English to [email protected]