2023 Programme Management Officer, Administration Internship in USA (United Nations)
Programme Management Officer, Administration is located in the Office of the Under-Secretary-General (OUSG) of OIOS in New York. The incumbent reports directly to the Special Assistant (Chief of OUSG). OIOS assists the Secretary-General in fulfilling her or his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization through the exercise of internal audit, inspection and evaluation, and investigation functions. OUSG supports the USG and the ASG in the fulfillment of their responsibilities for executive direction and management of OIOS. make it short.
Responsibilities for Programme Management Officer, Administration :
1. Assists in implementing the OIOS mandate relating to enhancing the internal oversight mechanisms in the United Nations Secretariat and other entities by:
- conducting research and providing policy analysis on internal oversight mechanisms based on information received from OIOS Divisions/Units, the United Nations Secretariat, and other entities;
- contributing to strategic and policy planning concerning OIOS internal audit, inspection and evaluation, and investigation functions;
- preparing and drafting proposals and briefing notes to the Under-Secretary-General on such issues;
- preparing and drafting reports, statements, responses to questions, and information notes to inter-governmental bodies, including audit and other committees, relating to internal oversight in the United Nations Secretariat and other entities; and
- coordinating the preparation of the OIOS annual reports and programme planning documents.
2. Assists in implementing strategic planning goals aimed at increasing productivity, efficiency, and information security in OIOS, including through the use of information and communication technologies, by:
- coordinating the implementation of a system for the secure management and transmission of official records and communications in OUSG;
- collecting and analyzing data to identify trends or patterns and providing insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting: and
- leading OIOS monitoring of recommendations, including by coordinating the accurate and timely update by OIOS Divisions/Units of information on recommendations and their status, as well as the development, maintenance and training on the associated OIOS recommendation monitoring system.
3. Assists in implementing strategic planning goals aimed at enhancing awareness of OIOS by developing, managing, improving, and preparing content for a system for internal and external communication (through internal and external web-based tools) regarding OIOS activities and results, including:
- developing and enhancing internal electronic communications about OIOS work, geared towards UN staff;
- editing, writing, and coordinating the development and delivery of regular training and articles to all OIOS staff, in coordination with OIOS Divisions/Units, on specific oversight and management issues;
- developing/revamping OIOS Intranet and Internet sites to promote awareness of OIOS work and activities among the public and other external constituencies, including by coordinating, editing and writing content for the Intranet and Internet sites in coordination with OIOS Divisions/Units, as well as monitoring requests for information received through these sites.
4. Performs any other duties and ad hoc assignments, as requested by the USG, ASG, or Special Assistant (Chief of OUSG), including:
- preparing and drafting reports, statements, talking points, and notes on oversight and other issues, as requested;
- assisting the Special Assistant (Chief of OUSG) in coordinating the work of the various OIOS focal points, including on gender, environment, and disability inclusions, as well as representing, as requested, OIOS at inter-agency and inter-departmental meetings and drafting related minutes and information notes.
check: Senior Program Manager Intern (The World bank)
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree in the specified fields of studies.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- Professional Certification relevant to one or more of the OIOS mandated functions (internal audit, inspection and evaluation, and investigation) is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management or administration, with a minimum of four years of experience in public sector oversight activities (involving one or more of internal audit, inspection and evaluation, or investigation, is required.
- Experience in using and managing information and communications technology tools for facilitating performance monitoring, data analytics, or a related area is required.
- Experience in supporting high-level officials is desirable.
- Experience working in a multilateral organization is desirable
- 2 years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visits, UN