Project Component Intern Manager (Multiple Post) in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova (UNDP)
The Component Intern Manager prime responsibility is to ensure that the smart metering initiative produces the results specified in the detailed concept to the project document, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Programme duration is envisaged between 2023- 2027.
Duties and Responsibilities Project Component Intern Manager
The Component Manager, in close cooperation with the UNDP Country Office and all relevant stakeholders, incl. Ministry of Energy, Energy Efficiency Agency, Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development, Development Partners, private sector and other relevant stakeholders, will ensure the provision of development services and products (commensurate with the scope of the initiative) of the highest quality and standards to national counterparts and clients through applying human rights based (HRBA) and gender equality (GE) approaches, specifically:
- Ensuring effective content and operational management of the Component 1;
- Oversee day-to-day operations and implementation of project activities;
- Exercise close monitoring of project activities and produce monitoring reports;
- Ensure the timely and efficient delivery of Project outputs and products, as per the Project Document, leading to the achievement of expected results;
- Develop Work Plan, periodic narrative progress and final reports and expenditures status reports and submit to the supervisor;
- Ensure the implementation of the activities under the Project work plan according to indicators for achieving planned results, as well as the overall management of the Project in line with UNDP rules, regulations and procedures;
- Support UNDP CO in effectively managing human resources pertaining to the Project, including staff, consultants and short-term experts; conduct periodic performance appraisals; build, lead and motivate a solid team of professionals;
- Support the efficient management of the Project financial resources, including budgeting and budget revisions, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Continuously record and maintain Project issues and risks and suggest mitigation measures.
- Lead and coordinate the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, study visits and related activities relevant to the implementation of the Project;
- Maintain a continuous effective dialogue with the key stakeholders, central and local government authorities, other UN agencies and actors active in the sector, CSOs, partner organizations, international and national experts in the areas of the Project intervention in view of identifying synergies and avoiding overlapping of assistance;
- Maintain a close collaboration with other related UNDP projects to ensure synergies and complementarities;
- Ensure high quality information and visibility of the project activities to the mass media and stakeholders and support mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local, national, and as required at international levels;
- Perform any other duties connected directly with the implementation and evaluation of the Project as required
- Knowledge and understanding of CSOs and the ability to engage with CSOs
It might catch your attention to investigate, Economic Affairs Officer in Thailand at United Nation
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in ICT, IT management, computer sciences, computer engineering, public administration, engineering, economics, environment, energy and other closely related fields is required. Or
- Bachelor’s degree with additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master`s degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with Master’s degree) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of progressive experience in the development, coordination and implementation of the programmes in the energy and ICT/smart technologies sector.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Professional working experience in the energy, ICT, smart technologies areas is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of the electricity distribution at national and regional context and solutions to advance smart metering.
- Relevant professional experience of engagement with a large variety of stakeholders (public, private, LPAs, central public authorities, mass-media etc. is an asset.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, development partners, NGOs, UN Agencies is an asset.
- Prior experience with UNDP consultancy and/or project implementation.
- Familiarity and prior experience with the donors requirements and procedures is considered as an asset.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to achieve results and deadlines in a timely manner, maintaining a high standard throughout.
- Additional training and certification in project management and/or business administration would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian (written and spoken) is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
The Component Manager will work under the supervision of the Programme Manager and the Climate Change, Environment and Energy Cluster Lead and will ensure the provision of development services and products commensurate with the scope of the Programme and assigned area of responsibility of the highest quality and standards to national and local counterparts and clients through applying HRBA and GE approaches. He/she will coordinate the part time consultants, as envisaged in programme’s organizational chart.
The Component Manager will work in close cooperation with the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!