Public Information Officer role is within the Social Media Section of the Communications Campaigns Service in the Department of Global Communications (DGC). It involves managing the multilingual social media strategy, aligned with communication priorities, and reporting to the Head of the Social Media Section.
Within delegated authority and depending on location, the Public Information Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
• Ensures implementation of social media activities to promote priority issues and/or major events;
• Ensures daily monitoring, community management and engagement on UN global social platforms in Kiswahili, monitoring and reporting on progress, and taking appropriate follow-up action;
• Oversees daily messaging and outreach on UN global social platforms in Kiswahili to increase visibility of the Organization’s work and its issues;
• Monitors and analyzes social media impact and trends to ensure an agile approach; identifies issues and trends and advises management on appropriate action/responses;
• Participates in the Department at inter-agency meetings and events, and speaking engagements;
• Undertakes official travel to provide support on social media as needed, including with senior officials
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
you may like: 2023 (Senior) Health Specialist or Economist
Work Experience : A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in public information, journalism, international relations, public administration or related area is required.
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Assessment: Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by competency-based interview.
Deadline : The United Nations (UN) has established a deadline of October 23, 2023 At 11:59 P.m. (New York) time , for the Public Information Officers position.
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|
|Field||Department of Global Communications|