Security Analyst / Specialist Internship 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of the internal security system and processes within the OPEC Fund’s premises.
- Maintains Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) for equipment; assists in developing and implementing MOSS and ensuring the compliance with relevant rules and procedures.
- Develops the application of standards for security and safety equipment and services.
- Performs maintenance checks on security system to ensure quality and efficiency.
Check: Taiwan International Internship Program 2024 (Fully Funded)
- Coordinates front desk coverage and reception services.
- Monitors the CCTV cameras and reports any irregular movement around the OPEC Fund’s premises and other incidents of concern.
- Assists the Senior Officer with the development and delivery of in-house security and safety training programs, and oversees the provision of outsourced programs, where preferable.
Also Check: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
Security processes and procedures
- Provides substantive input to the preparation of guidelines, procedures, SOPs, user manual on security management.
- Develops and updates relevant security processes and procedures including emergency management protocol.
- Ensures security procedures are known and followed across the organization.
- Provides onboarding sessions on security procedures.
- Monitors external activities that could impact staff security and safety at large.
- Recommends improvements to emergency and contingency planning documentation, including physical preparations and procedures, enhancing crisis preparedness.
- Analyzes security assessment reports and provides detailed risk management recommendations.
- Reviews, assesses, and compiles detailed reports on security threats, risks, and incidents that could impact the OPEC Fund operations and provides routine and ad-hoc security reports in line with security reporting guidelines.
- Supports the implementation of safety and security procedures of the OPEC Fund.
- Assists Senior Officers in establishing processes and procedures for reviewing crisis situations and preparing contingency plans for emergencies.
- Liaises with local authorities and international institutions, provides security briefings of limited scope.
- Supports others by carrying out security policy-related tasks and following established procedures.
Check: (Fully Funded) CERN Technical Student Program, Switzerland
Qualifications and Experience for Security Analyst/Specialist Internship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security and Protective Services or International Relations with focus on Security Management or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience, preferably 2-3 years of which should have been in an international environment, and/or in a para-military establishment.
- Experience in developing the application of standards for security and safety equipment and services.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies.
- Specialised knowledge of the application of practical methods, techniques, procedures and systems used in security, typically gained through technical training and work experience.
- Technical expertise pertaining to general security and safety functions, risk assessment, physical security, security compliance methodologies, security control center functions, crisis and emergency management and security and safety training
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and analyse data and translate into effective information.
- Ability to work well in a small team, operate under pressure, prioritize and deliver high quality work within deadlines, and meet team objectives;
- Fluent in English and German. Good working knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!