The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia calls application for Social Sciences Internship in Beirut, Lebanon. The internship is unpaid and full-time for three months with an opportunity for extension, depending on the needs of the Office. Basically, interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of senior staff.
- Provide substantive research support on subjects related to the work of the cluster: this includes reviewing existing literature; assisting in crystallizing research questions; conducting desk research.
- Assist in the preparation and review of written outputs published by ESCWA e.g. background papers, technical papers, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Draft inputs to presentations and research papers.
- Assist in the organization of expert group meetings, conferences, or workshops related to the work of the cluster.
- Prepare minutes of meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
To qualify for this Social Sciences Internship at the United Nations in Lebanon, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
Candidates must also
- Be computer literate in standard software applications
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the UN Charter
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs; which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Candidates must apply online. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.