World Food Program invites applicants to apply for the WFP Internship program on Supply Chain – Field Support Unit in Rome, Italy
The intern will be doing the following duties
- Conducting desk research in support of longer-term supply chain projects and provide summaries and/or analyses.
- Similarly, conducting data analysis and generate recommendations for resolving operational issues.
- Assisting in providing supply chain expertise to ongoing operations.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Concept of Operations and preparedness plans, ensuring the regular revision/update as necessary.
- Supporting in monitoring the implementation of WFP service provision to third parties. Similarly, contributing to conceptualizing and creating reporting tools for WFP service provision.
- Participating in the development and implementation of an information management strategy in WFP service provision.
- Assisting with the preparation of documents and information management products including presentation material and briefing packs.
- Providing administration and logistics support for meetings and events.
- Furthermore, taking and keeping notes and meeting minutes as necessary and performing other duties as necessary.
- Current enrollment with at least two years of undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) in the field of Supply Chain, Procurement, or Logistics. Also, university course attendance in the past 12 months.
- Excellent command of English; Working knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
- Furthermore, proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
At the end of this Supply Chain – Field Support Unit Internship at WFP, the candidate will
- Have a basic understanding of WFP as well as a basic understanding of the humanitarian supply chain.
- Also, understand the dynamics of supply chain coordination and response to an emergency/crisis.
Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. In addition to that, WFP will reimburse travel tickets for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.