Syndications Analyst Internship in IFC (The world Bank)
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging market. The EMEA Syndications Analyst Group in the Syndicated Loans and Mobilization Department is seeking a syndications analyst to be based in London as a local staff. The Department is responsible for raising external funds for IFC clients, through the B Loan program, parallel loans and the Managed Co-Lending Portfolio Program (MCPP).
Roles and Responsibilities in Syndications Analyst :
Following are some of the Roles and Responsibilities in Syndications Analyst
- Conduct industry and bank market research and pricing data analysis, including secondary market pricing; prepare regular pricing reports for syndicated deals in various regional markets with a specific focus on the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Region
- Review company, economic and financial information for new transactions
- Conduct deal specific market soundings and develop lists of prospective banks for individual syndications
- Prepare information memoranda, executive summaries and other reports for the bank market in conjunction with the relevant Investment Department
- Distribute marketing information to prospective B Loan participants and parallel lenders through the use of secure web-based platforms
- Prepare Powerpoint presentations for internal and external marketing
The Analyst will also work with Syndication Officers in the team and in the Washington DC-based Investor Operations Group to:
- Follow international lending markets and banking activities to understand and anticipate trends with a particular focus on Europe, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa
- Develop and maintain relationships with international and regional commercial banks, other prospective B Loan Participants, Multilateral Development Banks and Development Finance Institutions, and institutional investors
- Syndicate IFC B Loans to financial institutions, Parallel loans to DFIs and local banks, MCPP facilities to MCPP investors and sell participations in IFC A Loans in the secondary market
- Ensure contractual responsibilities with B Loan participants / parallel lenders / MCPP investors are met
- Set up new projects in relevant internal systems; respond to data requests; manage loan transfers and assignments; and prepare reports.
You also might be interested in : Public Information Officer For UN
Selection Criteria for Syndications Analyst
- B.A. in finance or business with a strong component of finance and accounting course work
- At least two years of working experience, preferably with a leading international bank or similar financial institution in the EMEA emerging markets
- Understanding of international commercial bank market and multiple debt instruments
- Experience with loan documentation and credit issues
- Experience in using available research tools including Dialogic – Loan Analytics, Bloomberg and market publications and bookrunning platforms such as Debt Domain, Intra links and Synd Trak.
- Proactive, resourceful, flexible and self-motivated
- Strong team player with demonstrated capacity for hard work
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively and adhere to deadlines while always paying attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and strong editing skills. A good command of one or more regional languages would also be an advantage.
- Clear, accurate articulation of issues, problems and solutions
- Use of tact, diplomacy and good interpersonal skills in internal and external communications.
Term Duration: The term duration for this position is 2 years.
The deadline for this position with IFC is October 24, 2023, at 11:59 pm UTC.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visits, IFC