Technical Analyst Internship (Private Sector Engagement) for FOLUR Project in Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities for Technical Analyst Internship
Responsibilities include integrating sustainability into private sector operations, identifying financing opportunities for sustainable production systems, and managing co-financing relations across all target jurisdictions.
Lead relevant activities related private sector engagement across all project component, at global, national and landscape (district) level activities.
- Liaise with private sector co-financing partners, ensuring synergies and facilitating durable partnerships.
- Engage with private sector coalitions and other stakeholder groups, representing the project and developing new partnerships.
- Assist the National Project Manager in linking up with the advisory and facilitation activities available through the FOLUR Global Platform.
- Provide inputs to project progress reports, knowledge products, work plans and M&E reports.
- Support the implementation, coordination and monitoring of the landscape level project activities related to private sector engagement
- Coordinate institutional capacity enhancement activities, including the systems leadership approach and other trainings.
- Support in the drafting of ToRs for related expert consultants, meetings and workshops;
- Prepare high quality and result-oriented progress reports to be submitted to UNDP Country Office (i.e. project Assurance), if required;
- Provide inputs and data for external project reports if required by the project Assurance Team.
- Ensure compliance of the landscape level activities with the UNDP Social and Environmental safeguards
Provide technical advisory services in the implementation of various activities related to policy institutional capacity development at national and landscape level
- Facilitate and provide technical advisory services in the private sector engagement strategy.
- Participate in training and technical discussion as organized by Global FOLUR or other organizer as relevant.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behaviour including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
Check: 2024 (Fully Funded) OIST Internship in Japan
Required Skills and Experience of Technical Analyst Internship
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Forestry, Social and Political Sciences, or related fields, or
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Forestry, Social and Political Sciences, or related fields in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Up to 2 years (with a Master´s degree) or minimum 2 years (with a Bachelor´s degree) of relevant experience at the national or international level in the field of sustainable agriculture, environment and/or natural resource management, and climate change.
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills; Good organizational skill,
- Excellent ability in writing reports, summarizing papers, and delivering presentations to international and national audiences;
- Experience in the use of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and web-based management systems, and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Knowledge and experience in relevant thematic area
- 1 years of experience on private sector engagement related issues, including on green commodities and natural resource management at the global and national level would be asset
- Experience in liaise, coordinate and work with NGOs, private sector an in particular, government entities; private sector and/or smallholders
- Experience in organizing and facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings and workshops;
- Experience in implementation of projects that have components on sustainable development, green commodity, climate smart agriculture, environmental policy, environmental management, climate mitigation or project management is an advantage.
- Experience in managing/coordinating development projects or providing technical expertise at UNDP and/or other UN agencies is an asset.
You might be interested in, 2024 Sustainable Energy for All Women in STEM Traineeship
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required