UNDP Technical Analyst (Sustainable Finance) in Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia.
The Technical Analyst will be office-based with possible field travel (subject to the easement of travel restrictions) work under direct guidance and will report to the National Project Coordinator BIOFIN. The Technical analyst will be given access to relevant information necessary for the execution of the tasks under this assignment and will have close coordination with the Directorate of Environment, Bappenas to this TOR.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide top-quality technical advisory services.
- Support cutting-edge policy advice in the thematic area of the project and facilitate policy dialogues with partners, promoting UNDP thought leadership and advocacy work. Establish advocacy networks at the country level and link to international networks. Contribute to relevant, high-impact advocacy campaigns that are implemented with key partners.
- Contribute to the analysis of the technical situation in the context of the project and advise the UNDP CO management on issues related to the thematic area of the project.
- Contribute to the setting of technical standards based on regional and global best practices in the thematic area of the project.
Support effective implementation of program/project activities aimed at local economic development.
- Provide technical support, working in collaboration with the Project Manager, in planning and effectively implementing project activities within the scope of approved budgets, work plans, and other project documents and in alignment with UNDP’s programmatic priorities and goals. Supervise and coordinate the work of the project team and consultants. Provide guidance and support in the identification and sourcing of technical expertise, including preparation of TORs and evaluation of experts.
- Coordinate and participate in quality control mechanisms, seeking to improve the technical quality of the project outputs, products, publications, and policy discussion papers and briefs.
Support strategic partnership building and resource mobilization.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies as required, including contributing to efforts to unlock further gender-responsive multilateral and bilateral biodiversity finance.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, and advocacy materials.
- Support UNDP in implementing resource mobilization strategies and engaging potential partners to the gender-responsive biodiversity finance governance program.
- Participate in meetings with donors, prepare and deliver presentations of project results, and follow up with relevant counterparts if requested by the supervisor.
- Support and facilitate dialogue on biodiversity and sustainable development issues with government officials, development partners, civil society, and the private sector.
- Support monitoring and reporting of progress related to biodiversity financing and other national development frameworks, including to help strengthen national and local level data collection and statistical capacity.
Contribute to knowledge management and information sharing in the UNDP country office:
- Organize training for the project personnel to enhance their capacities in the technical matters of the thematic area of the project.
- Contribute substantively to knowledge networks and communities of practice within the thematic area of the project.
- Develop and carry out a personal learning plan.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that:
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with the “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”.
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, or gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, training, etc.
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization.
Check: 2024 Foreign Policy and Democracy Internship
Required Skills and Experience for Technical Analyst
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in finance or business, such as an MBA, with a focus on finance
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in finance or business, with a focus on finance, or related fields with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Up to 2 years (with a Master´s degree) or a minimum 2 years (with a Bachelor´s degree) of relevant experience in research and analysis experience in capital markets, financial risk management, corporate finance, investment banking, or financial planning.
- Experience in supporting UN/UNDP-funded projects / international organizations, donors, or private sector partners will be highly desirable;
- Relevant work experience and familiarity knowledge of biodiversity/climate change and sustainable development, development finance at the national level;
- Experience building partnerships and networks with stakeholders, including government agencies, financial institutions, NGOs, and private sector entities
- Experience in mobilizing financial resources for sustainable development projects or initiatives.
- Experience in project management and/or business development
- Experience in conducting financial analysis and modeling skills, with the ability to assess financial viability, risks, and returns of projects and/or sustainable development projects
- Working experience and knowledge in the area of SDGs and their financing frameworks, including knowledge of innovative financing mechanisms, such as green bonds, blended finance, impact funds, etc
- Solid networking capacity
- Excellent analytical skill
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills.
- Solid skill in providing project advisory services, monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under minimal supervision;
- Good skills in organization and management;
- Excellent skill in using computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages,
- Knowledge in the handling of web-based management systems and advanced software programs for statistical analysis of data;
- Fluency in Bahasa and English
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!