Applications call for Toyota Internship Chassis in Belgium. The incumbent will join the Chassis Design Division. Chassis Design Division will work on the development of Chassis parts (Brake, Steering, Suspension, Tyre, Shift, Pedals, …) to achieve the highest driving performance and quality at the competitive price. The division will focus on the local development of Chassis parts for vehicles built in Toyota’s European assembly plants.
- Research on optimal control methods for functions, performance, stabilisation and robustness.
- Study of applicability of innovative approaches in control theory.
- Creation and adaptation of 0-D and 1-D physical models of chassis components.
- Simulation of driving manoeuvres and comparison with test results.
- Analysis of the simulation results.
- Study of the impact of the component design to the overall vehicle dynamic performance.
- Utilization of CarMaker, Simpack and Matlab/Simulink environment for the modelling/analysis tasks.
- Preference for candidates from (Electro-) Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- The ideal candidate should have a willingness to learn and passion for automotive product.
- Basis knowledge of the general vehicle design.
- Knowledge of advanced physics and mathematics (statistics).
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- The analytical approach and Problem-solving.
- Advanced knowledge of Matlab programming environment.
- Good knowledge of office IT tools.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Team player
- Pro-active and persistent
- Proceed job with own initiative
- Motivated to learn about Toyota
- Respectful of confidentiality and security measures
- At ease with Japanese culture and respectful of cultural differences
- Fluent in English (Japanese is an asset)
- Experience with other programming languages is an asset