Toyota Motor Europe calls applications for Internship VPE. The VPE-MBD team has the role of developing and deploying digital methods for vehicle development to the R&D organization; this includes simulation and virtual evaluation technologies for vehicle dynamics performance teams (handling, ride comfort, drivability, etc.), as well as research on more advanced performance indicators for objective target setting for the vehicle and its subsystems.
Intern at this Toyota Motor Europe Internship VPE will preform duties on the project
- Develop an efficient model based performance balancing process.
Simulation models are largely used for vehicle development. In early stages of vehicle development, many different parameters are not fixed, and therefore can be considered as variables to be tuned to improve vehicle’s performances.
- Many technologies are currently in development stage for improving the simulation model usage. Among these, the surrogate modelling concept focuses on creating a cheap response surface based on simulated results, and use it for optimisation / performance balancing.
- Your mission will be to leverage the properties of latest surrogate modelling technologies to create an efficient performance balancing process, that accounts for uncertainties.
- Student in final year study of Master degree of engineering, mathematics, physics or computer science.
- Proficient with Python or Matlab.
- Knowledge of advanced numerical methods for design space exploration (surrogate modeling, adaptive sampling, etc.) will be considered as a strong asset.
- Knowledge of vehicle and system dynamics simulation packages (Carmaker/Amesim/Simpack) will be considered as assets.
- Fluent in English.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you
- Courage: you are ready to let go of the easy path to reach challenging targets
- Collaboration: you are a team player, respectful and inclusive in your style and you take a customer-oriented approach
- Creativity: your passion drives you to explore innovative ideas and challenge the impossible
- Curiosity: you combine imagination and fact-based observation
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here