The UN Department of Global Communications invites candidates to apply for the Academic Impact Internships 2020. The internship is unpaid and full-time where interns are liable to work five days a week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the office to which they are assigned. The internship is for a minimum period of four months with an opportunity for extension up to six months. The extension depends upon the needs of the Unit and availability of the candidate, with substantial preference being given to candidates who are able to commit to the maximum six-month period.
- Conducting internet research on thematic issues related to UNAI’s principles and mandate, including the Sustainable Development Goals, Human Rights and Global Citizenship Education.
- Drafting, formatting, editing and posting original web site content/news stories, including graphics, photographs, and video.
- Similarly, drafting social media content for UNAI Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn account.
- Assisting with planning and organization of lectures and events, including researching speakers, preparing invitations and promotional material.
- Providing logistical support for the organization of public events and briefings, including overseeing RSVP lists and coordinating volunteers.
- Maintaining UNAI databases as well as providing general office support (processing, drafting and finalizing correspondence and other communications.
- Furthermore, setting up and maintaining files/records, organizing meetings, etc.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or should be in the final academic year of a first university degree program in journalism, communication, media studies, filmmaking, international relations or related field (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Proficient in using a computer including standard software applications.
Deep interest in the work of the United Nation.
- Must have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter as well as should have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Similarly, should have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- No professional working experience is necessary for this position.
- Fluency in English is mandatory for this position. Furthermore, knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Candidates must complete the online application in order to apply for UN Academic Impact Internships 2020. In addition to that, the candidate must also submit a Cover Note and Personal History Profile.
In particular, the Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree applicant is currently pursuing
- Graduation date (when will s/he be graduating from the program)
- IT skills and programs that the candidate is proficient in as well as the top three areas of interest/department preferences
- Explain why s/he is the best candidate for that specific department(s).
- Explain his/her interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Furthermore, in the Personal History Profile, the applicant must include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Follow this link for more information about UN Academic Impact Internships 2020 in New York.