UN Internship in India (Economic Affairs)
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Subregional Office for South and South-West Asia (ESCAP SSWA), based in New Delhi, invite candidates to undertake an internship placement. The internship will be a minimum of two months with an opportunity for extension to up to six months. The internship is unpaid and full-time where interns will have to work five days per week (37.5 hours).
The intern is responsible for contributing to the research project (s) related to the work program of SSWA for the implementation of the SDGs. The topic of the project will depend on the intern’s background, skills, and interest. In addition to that, the intern might be doing the following tasks under the supervision of member staff
- Regularly monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion.
- Monitoring and collecting details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of ESCAP-SSWA member States.
- Also, collecting data, generating figures and tables, describing and analyzing the tables and results to support ESCAP-SSWA staff in related research and analytical work.
- Attending conferences, seminars, meetings and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes.
- Providing administrative, organizational and conference management support for ESCAP-SSWA events.
- Furthermore, other activities as may be decided by the supervisor.
- Candidates must have an active enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher), or in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- OR, candidates must have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Professional work experience is not mandatory for participation in the program but candidates must be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Familiarity with econometrics and empirical data analysis methods and relevant software package (e.g. EViews, Stata, SPSS, and Python) is desirable. Similarly, data handling skills and skills in using spreadsheets, Excel is also an asset.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is necessary for the Internship Program. In addition to that, knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Candidates must apply online for this UN Internship in India. Interested applicants must submit an online application and Cover Note which must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when s/he will be graduating from the program)
- List the IT skills and programs that candidate is proficient in
- In addition to that, an explanation of why s/he is the best candidate for this role. Similarly, an explanation of their interest in the United Nations.