UN Internship in Investment Officer (Emerging Market Debt), USA
position is located in the Fixed Income Team of OIM. The incumbent reports to the Investment Officer, Emerging Markets bond portfolio.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Fixed Income, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Assists the Investment Officer Emerging Markets bond portfolio (IO) to manage and invest the assets of the Emerging Markets bond portfolio.
- Balances long-term strategic goals with short-term performance objectives to outperform benchmarks return.
- Monitors the various portfolio holdings and conducts appropriate security analysis at the direction of the IO Emerging Markets bond portfolio.
- Complies with risk control parameters as delineated in the investments Policy and Procedures Manual with a goal to produce the optimal investment return that avoids undue risk.
- Integrates Principles of Responsible Investments into investment analysis and monitors internally managed holdings, subject to OIM’s standards of fiduciary responsibility to the Fund.
- Conducts portfolio review periodically and presents in the Portfolio Review Meeting.
- Conducts portfolio analysis using risk tools and analytical tools.
2. Conducts careful and thorough investment research:
- Performs fundamental and quantitative fixed income Emerging Markets securities analysis through macro economic analysis, foreign exchange and sovereign analysis, market news, academic and street research and other publicly available information.
- Reviews investment research and discuss with strategists, economists, security analysts through brokerage community and the Advisors/Research Providers.
- Analysis of foreign exchange, interest rates, sovereign and economic data and ESG data and conducts portfolio analysis using risk tools and analytical tools.
- Attends investment conferences and Seminars to access to academia and industry experts.
- Assists in evaluating the performance of the Fund’s research providers and vendors. This includes, assisting in conducting due diligence, analysis, monitoring and appraise performance of external managers to be employed or employed by fixed income.
- Supports the implementation of the OIM derivative projects.
3. Makes specific investment recommendations
- Ensures Fund’s four investments criteria; i.e. safety, profitability, liquidity, and convertibility,
- Makes specific investment recommendations to achieve optimum investment performance with carefully review of the portfolio’s investment objectives and risk tolerance,
- Presents and discusses investment recommendations to IO Emerging Markets bond portfolio as well as wider fixed income department where appropriate,
- Participates in the discussions and development of investment recommendations for asset allocation for the Fund.
- Assists in the preparation of reports accurately and timely to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the Investments of the UNJSPF and Director of Fixed Income when requested.
- Assists the Director of Fixed Income in reporting on investments and related matters to governing bodies.
- Assists in the creation of reports with financial software to aid in analytics.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
Check: (2024) Programme Specialist – UN WOMEN
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Business and Administration (MBA), Finance, Economics or related field is required. A first degree level university degree in combination with two additional years of experience in investment management may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- A minimum of five years’ experience analyzing Emerging market local and hard currency securities is required.
- Portfolio management analytics experience in fixed income local emerging markets is required.
- Buy-side portfolio analyst experience is required.
- Experience in managing, analyzing and trading Emerging Market local bond portfolio is desirable.
- Experience in quantitative portfolio modeling is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visit, UN