UN Programme Management Intern Officer (Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation), in USA
The position UN Programme Management Intern Officer is located in the Global Compact Office of the United Nations, New York. The Programme Officer (Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation) reports to the Senior Programme Management Officer, Governance and Sustainability.
Within delegated authority, the Programme Officer (Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develops, implements, and manages strategic planning as well as the monitoring and evaluation framework for the United Nations Global Compact.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the United Nations Global Compact activities by using results-based management and risk mapping methodologies; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow-up actions.
- Facilitates workshops and interactive sessions to build capacity in monitoring and evaluation across the United Nations Global Compact, including among its Local Networks.
- Researches, analyzes data and provides recommendations on the improvement of Unit goals across the United Nations Global Compact. Presents information gathered from diverse sources in support of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Leads survey initiatives to collect and aggregate relevant data for strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation; advises on data gathering practices such as the annual reporting requirement (Communication on Progress), annual surveys, Local Networks surveys; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organizes and prepares written outputs, such as contributions to the United Nations Global Compact Annual Management Report, quarterly updates, and other relevant strategic documentations for the United Nations Global Compact Board and other stakeholders.
- Provides substantive backstopping to the United Nations Global Compact meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Performs other duties, as required
You may want to explor Technical Intern Associate – Infrastructure in UNDP
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, management, economics or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management, or project/programme administration or related area is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in corporate sustainability as related to the United Nations, or other similar international organizations, is required.
- Experience in the management of a monitoring and evaluation framework, including results-based reporting and risk mapping, is required.
- Experience working in the private sector on corporate sustainability is required.
- Experience in strategic development and planning is desirable.
Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!