The UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs/ Divison for Sustainable Development Goals informs the vacancy opening of Intern on Sustainable Development. The position is open for the New York office. The intern will serve at least two months with the possibility of extension up to six months depending upon the needs of departments. This position at the United Nations is full-time and unpaid.
Role of UN Sustainable Development Intern
The candidate at the intern position will be liable for the following duties
- Providing general office support (e.g. processing correspondence; maintaining files, records, and/or databases; organizing meetings; taking meeting minutes; etc.).
- Supporting project development and implementation by gathering relevant information and data.
- Assisting with the organization of (high-level) Conferences, meetings, workshops, seminars, webinars, and other similar activities, supporting with the preparation of agendas, co-drafting background materials, and meeting reports.
- Supporting the preparation of background and options papers, including the ongoing work on the implementation of the Technology Facilitation Mechanism, mapping of information on existing science, technology and innovation initiatives, networks, platforms, and programs.
- Also, assisting in collecting data from multiple resources. Assists in reviewing and analyzing data from multiple resources.
- Doing researches and organizes information as and when requested and assists with analyzing trends.
- Conducting research and prepare substantive papers as needed.
- Supporting staff with stakeholder engagement programs and partnerships program. Similarly, supporting staff with outreach engagement, including communications and social media.
- Providing support to staff with website content updates.
- Furthermore, performing other ad hoc related activities to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The candidate must have the following qualification to be eligible for the position of Sustainable Development Intern at the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- The candidate must be commencing study in the final year of the undergraduate studies or must be commencing study at the postgraduate level. However, university graduates can also apply for their graduation date must not be before one year.
- Must be Computer literate including the excellent knowledge of standard software applications.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Excellent proficiency in the English language. Furthermore, knowledge of any additional UN official language would be plus.
In order to apply for the post, all the candidates must complete online application. The application must include the following information
- Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the program?)
- List of the IT skills and programs that you are proficient in as well as a list of your top three areas of interest.
- Explanation that why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.