UNDP Common Services Intern Manager in Copenhagen, Denmark
The Common Services Intern Manager is expected to continuously monitor the technical operating environment, in order to regularly report and present to the UNCT and advise the UNCT on agreements with the host government, as well as prepare for quick readjustments of the common services offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities of Common Services Intern Manager
1) Ensures reliable and cost-effective Common Services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- A robust shared premises service package for all Agencies and future development of additional services, and strategic management of common services provisions.
- Updating of Internal Control Frameworks to document all critical workflows.
- Assuring a sound and regularly updated Business Continuity Plan.
- Establishment of management targets and monitoring and reporting achievement of results, including service quality.
- Secretariate of UN City Operational Management Team (OMT) and other inter-agency working groups where relevant.
- Development, management, and reporting on annual Common Services work plan.
2) Ensures efficient and accurate financial resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare annual budgets and cost recovery systems for agreed common services and the Common Services unit for UNCT approval.
- Monitor and prepare regular management reports of expenditures of common services and the Common Services Unit for UNCT review.
- Organize cash management processes, including liquidity management, risk management, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions.
- Monitor financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigate anomalies or unusual transactions.
- Develop long term plans for asset replacement.
3) Ensures strategic Common Services human resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Recruitment, staff development and supervision of staff for the UN City Common Services Unit.
- Provision of efficient human resources management, ensuring compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
- Maintain effective performance management systems.
- Optimally staff the Common Services unit.
- Identification of sources of information related to common services management;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
4) Ensures Client Satisfaction focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Strong relations with external parties such as Government agencies, public service providers, and UN funding partners.
- Commitment to a client-oriented approach in all areas of management.
- Ensure that all services are provided at agreed service levels.
- Assure all clients’ needs are satisfied, which include in-house UN entities and their staff.
- Regular and appropriate reporting to internal UN and external clients and timely feedback on service requests.
- Develop transparent systems for assessing and communicating on ‘client’ satisfaction.
- Supervision and performance management and development of approximately 70 people
you may also like, Human Resources Intern Assistant at UNDP in Türkiye
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced (Master’s) University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in managing large operational settings, providing management services and managing staff in multicultural environments with a UN entity;
- Experience in implementation and monitoring Action Plans involving multiple UN entities, UNCTs, and UN inter-agency bodies to ensure effective operational common support office structure is desirable.
- A proven track record of successfully managed common services/business or operations center in a multi-user setting is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages as well as experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS is highly desirable.
- A proven track of excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proven track record in delivering client satisfaction.
- Fluency in English required;
- Knowledge of Danish Language is desirable.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!