UNDP Communications Internship Program in UAE
UNDP Communications Internship Program in UAE will benefit the interns in different ways. Interns are valuable assets for employers for several reasons. In addition to being a pipeline for hiring, interns fill positions and assist employers with innovative ideas and technology.Internships open all sorts of doors for students. Students gain an insider’s view to a possible career path and networking opportunities. Above all, internships could lead to a full-time position for that company. With benefits for employers and students, internships are a win-win.
In this regard, UNDP office in the UAE which is also responsible for UNDP’s operations in Qatar and Oman is currently starting several initiatives on the communications front to attract media attention and give good credit to the work done by the office team. The sky is the limit and the market is very competitive. That’s why efforts in the communications department are crucial this year. The office seeks to host a summer intern for one or maximum two months -based on the selected candidate’s availability and willingness- to assist the Communications associate in their endeavours. The intern will be responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of the communication projects in UAE. These services include, but are not limited to, Social media management, copy writing and production of media products like videos and visual aids, content writing and coordinating with external media organizations when needed. The intern shall also be involved in some research activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The Intern will work with UNDP per an agreed-on work plan based on the following milestones:
• Experience in writing for the web, planning, and project and events management is desirable.
• Photoshop or any other image-editing software a must. Video-editing software knowledge is desirable.
• Nationals are desirable. Other nationalities are also encouraged to apply.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Previous internship experience is desirable.
• Team work and communication skills.
• Proven Integrity and Values.
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and Arabic;
• Please create one document which will contain both your CV and a brief cover letter. Upload this document into the appropriate section of the on-line application system;
Internships within the UN system are unpaid and subject to conditions with which applicants should become familiar with prior to signing an internship agreement.
Deadline: 25th June 2017
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|